Immersion heaters serve for heating of fluids, air or gas. They are components of machinery and plants, or mounted into tanks or vessels.
According to the individual requirements of our customers, ELMESS-Thermosystemtechnik is offering customised immersion heaters.
They are designed and manufactured in high quality industrial design or in explosion proof design according ATEX. This guarantees a maximum of reliability, safety and long lifetime for your plants.
Main fields of applications:
- Petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Oil and gas extraction, production and distribution
- Mechanical engineering and plant construction
- Paint industries
- Energy and environmental technologies
- Laboratory and analytical technologies
- Plastics and textile industries
- Packaging technologies
- Industrial gases
Specific surface load:
The specific surface load is a measure for the heat transfer onto the heated medium. It must be chosen according to the medium, flow, pressure and mounting conditions as well as the medium temperature and admissible surface temperatures. With a specific surface load wich is optimized for the process, a high thermal efficiency will be reached.
Typical applications for gas or air heaters:
- Motor anticondensation heaters
- Heater for heating chambers or instrumentation cabinets
- Heating insets for gas heaters, according to the application, a flow monitor can be necessary to prevent the heater from overheating
Typical applications for liquid heaters:
- Lubrication oil systems for gas turbines, compressors, pumps, refrigeration compressors
- Heat transfer oil heaters
- Tanks for oil and fuels
- Tanks for liquids like water or process fluids
- Emergency showers
- Heat exchangers
In order to prevent overheating, liquid heaters always have to covered with a sufficient liquid level.
This must be guaranteed by means of a level switch which is judged by reliability and function or by comparable measures.
The selection of materials depends on the requirements of the customers, the heated media and ambient conditions.
Heating bundle: Stainless steel 321, 316Ti, 316L, incolloy or according to customer's requirements. Flange or thread connection: Carbon steel, stainless steel 321 or 316 or according to customer's requirements. Ex connection box made of cast iron or carbon steel with heavy duty painting for all industrial applications, or stainless steel 316.
Immersion heaters that are part of apressure vessel are designed, manufactured and inspected according to the pressure vessel code, Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), ASME VIII or other international codes. The selection of category according to PED should be advised by the customer, according to the conformity assessment.